Top Ten Signs You Are Headed For Summer School
10. You failed the Pledge of Allegiance
9. You take notes with the eraser end of the pencil
8. You identify more than half of the state capitals as "Funkytown"
7. Principal's final words before summer break: "See you tomorrow"
6. For your civics class project, you brought in several photos of Honda Civics
5. Whenever you enter the room, your
family stops talking about
4. Your history report was on President Martin Sheen
3. In your physics final, you keep referring to "gravity" as "gravy"
2. Latest report card includes several G's
1. You threw a phone at the principal
Ah, the Top Ten List. Not only can it be funny, but it’s a great way to organize and prioritize events and ideas. For your project you will
1) be assigned a title from the list below
Most Important Acts/Laws of Congress Best Presidential Actions
Most Important Speeches Most Important Treaties
Most Important Economic Events Most Influential Women
Least Appreciated Figures Most Overrated Figures
Most Important works of Art, Literature or Music Most Important Military Leaders
Most Important Technological Innovations Worst Singular Events
Most Important Reformers Your Selection (cleared with Mr. O)
2) You must create a Top Ten List using PowerPoint in which
a. you create a title slide
b. you establish your criteria for “most, least, best, worst, etc… (2nd slide)
c. each entry has a paragraph justifying its position on the list
d. each entry has image
*these entries should be in descending order (like the example above)
*You may include an “honorable mention” category.